Queimadas Natural Park 5-Hour Guided HikeProduct ID: 34304
From £31 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceClients will be picked up at their hotel located in Funchal, the Caniço area, and Calheta Village. Clients have to confirm the pick-up time.
- Get in touch with nature and spend some time in Queimadas Natural Park
- Get in touch with nature during a visit to Queimadas Natural Park
- Explore one of Madeira's oldest levadas, Caldeirão Verde
- Enjoy beautiful views of valleys, small craters, waterfalls, mountains, and the sea
This walk winds along the walkway of the levada (irrigation channel) of Caldeirão Verde at an elevation of 3,248 feet (990 meters). The levada is an impressive work of art built in the 18th century, beginning in the main stream bed of the Caldeirão Verde brook. Passing through steep cliffs and mountains, it carries the water that runs off the highest mountains of Madeira, which culminates in the irrigation of the farm lands of the parish of Faial.
This levada is used for agricultural purposes, but it is also an important means of reaching the interior of the deep valley of the São Jorge brook on foot. It also offers a spectacular view of the mountainous terrain of the interior of the island. On your route, you will also have the opportunity to walk through tunnels carved by hand out of the rock.
- Queimadas Natural Park visit
- Mountain guide
- Hotel pick-up
- Food and drinks
Distance: 7.5 miles (12 kilometers)
Walking time: approximately 5 hours
For your comfort and convenience:
• Be sure to confirm the pick-up time with the supplier.
• Wear suitable clothes and shoes.
• Take some food and water with you.
• Always follow the tour guide's instructions.
• No refund can be given for cancellations made within 24 hours of departure of excursion.
Product ID: 34304