Starting out from the extreme west of Madeira, your nature walk will take you through breathtaking landscapes of high mountains, deep valleys, and luxuriant vegetation, with the ocean always at your side. Tour the charming town of Ponta do Pargo.
What to Expect
You’ll begin your nature hike in the western part of the Island. Your guide will take you on a route that passes through spectacular mountain scenery and offers views of coastal villages below. In addition to the luxuriant vegetation, you’ll have constant views of the ocean.
This pleasant half-day walk is rated as easy. Enjoy views of the fishing Villages of Paul do Mar and the coastal town of Ponta do Pargo along the way. See Prazeres, a small village where relaxation is an art form!
Your walk ends at Ponta do Pargo, a charming town located on Madeira’s western coast. It’s known for its strategically located lighthouse, stunning cliffs that descend to the sea, and its apple festival.
- Round-trip transportation from your hotel
- Mountain tour guide
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
Please note the following:
• the walk is rated as easy
• the distance is around 12 kilometers
• be sure to confirm the pick-up time in advance
• wear suitable clothes and shoes for walking
• bring some food and water
• always follow the tour guide’s instructions
• No refund can be given for cancellations made within 24 hours of departure of excursion.