Macau: 1.5-Hour Ruins of St. Paul's and Historic Center Tour
- Marvel at the Vatican of China, the Ruins of St. Paul's
- Visit Macau's UNESCO-listed historic center and its iconic monuments
- Learn about Macau's rich Chinese culture mixed with vibrant Portuguese heritage
After meeting your guide in the old town center, head to the Ruins of St. Paul's, acclaimed as “The Vatican of the Far East.” The church’s design is one of a kind, like Macau itself, a mix of East and West. Take the 68 stone steps to contemplate the Chinese and Japanese artisans and craftsmen that were involved in the decoration of the façade.
Next visit the historic center of Macau. Admire the wave mosaic-tiled pavement and its unforgettable Portuguese style colonial facades of the surrounding buildings in Senado Square. Walkthrough the streets and see residential, religious and public Portuguese and Chinese buildings. Your guide will provide you more interesting facts about East and West influences. The last stop of your tour is found on the charming streets and alleys of old Macau passing through the old Opium houses and Fantan gaming district.
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts in front of the Jorge Álvares Monument in the Square, Praca de Jorge alvares (南灣歐維士像). You guide will be holding a sign with the "GetYourGuide" logo.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• This tour will take place rain or shine
• You will climb 68 steps to reach the Ruins of St. Paul
• Please wear comfortable shoes and loose pants
• This tour operates with a maximum of 20 people per guide