Fly to Jordan and discover a beautiful country. Alongside its many cultural highlights, the nation also boasts an array of superb spots on the Dead Sea, where you can relax and forget all about everyday life back at home.
What to Expect
Experience Jordan's many cultural highlights and completely unwind on this 8 day trip
Day 1: Queen Alia International Airport - Dead Sea (length of route: circa 40km)
The round trip begins at the Queen Alia International Airport (QAIA) meeting. Once you've landed, you'll be assisted by representatives with immigration formalities. Afterwards, you'll travel to your hotel for the night, located right on the Dead Sea.
Day 2: Dead Sea – Jerash – Amman – City Tour – Dead Sea (length of route: circa 180km)
In Amman, you’ll be able to take part in a tour of Jordan’s capital. Discover the bastille, see beautiful temples and churches, and visit the Museum of Amman.
Later on in the day, you could perhaps visit Jerash, the best-maintained Roman city in the Middle East. Visit the impressive Hippodrom, the stately South Gate, marvel at Zeus‘ Temple, the Roman Theater, the Cardo Colonnaded Street, and Artemis‘ Temple. The ancient city of Jerash has been populated for more than 6,500 years. Representative of a golden age of the Roman Empire, Jerash is today recognized as the best-maintained provincial Roman city in the world. The city was veiled by sand for centuries, and gradually excavated and restored over the last 70 years. Now Jerash is a beautiful example of the large, formal, provincial Roman Urbanism that can be found all over the Middle East. Characteristics of this style of architecture are stone colonnades, ascending temples, theaters, magnanimous squares, baths, fountains, and a city wall with towers and gates. Beneath its external Greek-Roman veneer, Jerash conserves a subtle mix of East and West. Its architecture, religion and language, reflecting processes by which the two powerful cultures were interconnected and existed side by side to the Greek-Roman world of the Mediterranean. The modern city of Jerash can be found east of the ruins.
- Seven nights stay with breakfast in the hotels mentioned above
- Meet & Assist' with a Travco representative
- Entry costs to the stated tourist attractions
- Local taxes for the services mentioned above
- 800 m horse ride in Petra
- 2 hour trip on a four-by-four through Wadi Rum
- A local English-speaking guide in Jerash for 1 1/2 – 2 hours
- A local English-speaking guide in Petra for 1 1/2 – 2 hours
- Professional German-speaking guide (for groups of 6 people and more)
What's Not Included
- For groups of less than 5 adults, a per person Visa fee of 29,00 USD applies
- Tips for guides, drivers, hotels, restaurants and a horse boy in Petra
- Personal expenditure