Fly to Luxor for the day from Sharm el Sheikh and visit the largest open-air museum in the world. Explore the Valley of the Kings, Valley of the Queens, the Karnak Temple and much more.
What to Expect
For European tourists, a trip to Luxor by air is becoming as popular as a trip to Cairo, offering a more relaxed excursion without the hustle and bustle that takes place in the capital.
On this full-day tour, you will depart early for the 50-minute flight to Luxor, and transfer to the historic sights along the West Bank, such as the Valley of the Kings, the spectacular Karnak Temple, and the gigantic Colossus of Memnon.
See the final resting place of Egypt's rulers from the 18th to 20th dynasty and gaze at the tomb of the boy pharaoh Tutankhamen.
Explore the Temple of Luxor, built by Amenhotep III and Ramses II. The temple's purpose was as a setting for the rituals of the festival, dedicated to reconciling the human aspect of the ruler with his divine office.
The highlight of a Luxor tour for many is the spectacular Hatshepsut Temple, dedicated to the queen who would-be king. Hatshepsut was a ruler loved by her people but always surrounded by controversy. Discover her temple on Luxor's West Bank, and explore one of the best-preserved temple’s of its kind.
Your guide will escort you every step of the way, to answer all you questions and fill you in on the fascinating history of this most magnificent Egyptian city.
You will return to Sharm el Sheikh in the evening, arriving at approximately 21:30, in time for last dinner orders!
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Sharm el Sheikh
- Air-conditioned transport
- English speaking guide
What's Not Included
- Refreshments other than those listed above
- Optional gratuities
Your hotel reception in Sharm el Sheikh. Please contact the local supplier to arrange this service.
Know Before You Go
• Tour operates Wednesdays and Saturdays, departing Sharm el Sheikh at 04:30. Return to Sharm by 21:30
• Pick-up available from all hotels in Sharm el Sheikh
• Wear casual clothes according to the weather for the day. Please bring a sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and bottle of water if needed
• Breakfast box needs to be ordered from your hotel
• Passport and Visa needed