Taste your way around the Renaissance city of Lucca and enjoy the Italian tradition of "aperitivo" on a 2.5-hour walking tour. Sample savory snacks and good wine as you experience the local life and see some of the city’s more than 100 churches.
What to Expect
Sample the food and wine of Italy on a 2.5-hour walking tour of Lucca, and discover the Italian tradition of the aperitivo on the city’s narrow streets and medieval squares. Enjoy artisanal beers, local wines, and a top-secret liqueur that will leave you thirsty for more!
Become a local for the day as you join your guide outside Lucca Train Station. Learn about (and taste) the food culture of Italy as you stroll the narrow streets contained by the city walls and tall towers. Discover arts and crafts shops selling unique souvenirs, and see some of Lucca’s more than 100 churches.
Enjoy an impressive view of Lucca before diving into the local life in the city center, where the beautiful Romanesque marble cathedral stands. Go to San Michele in Piazza Foro to join the locals at their favorite meeting point. Learn about the aperitivo culture, when friends meet after work for a glass of good wine and some savory snacks. Enjoy a glass of wine and a snack at an oldvineria, a typical Tuscan wine bar.
Next, go the only oval square in Italy that takes the place of a typical Roman amphitheater. Relax with a glass of artisan beer produced in the Garfagnana Mountains, along with an essential side of cured meats and pecorino cheese.
Continue to the next venue to try fettunta, a toasted bread with extra olive oil. End at a small wine bar where you can become a true local with a glass of the typical liqueur of Lucca, Biadina, made from a secret recipe and served with pine nuts.
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Food and drinks tastings, including wine
What's Not Included
- Any additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal items
- Tips and gratuities for the guide
Know Before You Go
• Please wear casual clothes and comfortable shoes for walking
• This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 are permitted on the tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join free of charge. Please inform the supplier at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page