Discover the holy Pak Ou cave and learn about daily life in some traditional villages, floating along the peaceful Nam Ou river.
What to Expect
Your tour begins when your local guide picks you up at your hotel by tuk tuk, to drive you to the pier for a boat journey on the Nam Ou river. Along the way, stop at the holy Pak Ou cave. Pak Ou shelters historic cultural values: this is the home of thousands of Buddha statues, of numerous dimensions.
Continue across the Mekong River, and stop at Ban Xang Hai village, where you will learn how traditional rice whisky is distilled. Visitors are free to sample the drink. You will also visit Ban Xang Khong village, an ideal place to discover the well-known arts of wood paper and silk production. Finally, you will be returned to your hotel.
- Transfer by tuk tuk
- Local English-speaking guide
- Private boat trip as mentioned
- Entrance fees
- Picnic lunch
- Mineral water
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
Know Before You Go
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Infant meals not included
• Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking