Have a one-of-a-kind experience as you learn to work with steel and other materials to create a knife, machete, or a farm tool of your choosing.
What to Expect
With a master blacksmith to apprentice under, you are taught a highly skilled form of work resulting in a souvenir of your own making. Meet your ride in the lobby of your hotel before journeying to the workshop to greet the blacksmith. Upon your arrival you are shown the tools you are to work with and taught basic safety rules for a safe experience.
Feel like a true blacksmith making weapons for the kings of times past, except you are making one special blade for yourself. You have several options for your craft, choose to make a machete, sickle, hoe, knife, or upgrade to a knife with a deer horn hilt. This hands-on class is the perfect way to learn a new talent while also creating a memorable souvenir you can't buy in stores.
- Guided knife making class
- All necessary equipment
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your central Luang Prabang hotel
- Live tour commentary in English
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Maximum group size is 5 people.
• You do not need previous smith experience.
• The regular knife comes with a Bamboo handle and covered with a paper. An additional surcharge of US $4 and US $8 for a wooden handle and wooden cover respectively is payable on the day of your activity.
• Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Luang Prabang hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
• Hours of operations are from 8 am — 2 pm. You will receive confirmation of your exact tour departure time when you call to confirm your reservation.