Half-Day Urban Farming Bike Tour in Los Angeles
From £71 per personBook now
- Join the only bike tour focused on LA’s growing urban farming culture
- Enjoy lunch at a local eatery that harvests its own produce
- Pedal through Santa Monica and along world-famous Venice Beach
Head out with your guide and ride to see local urban farmers that have turned their lawns into gardens, where they grow vegetables and fruits, make their own compost, and showcase some of the local flora.
See state-of-the-art agricultural technology and energy-efficient gardening techniques that are changing the future of farming. You’ll pedal through community gardens and visit a local seed library that practices seed-saving to preserve genetic diversity in plant life.
You’ll stop for a break to enjoy lunch, which is included with the tour.
- Water bottle
Departure address for bicycle tours: Santa Monica Bike Center – Tour Center, 1502 4th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (at the southwest corner of 4th and Broadway) By bus: Big Blue Bus 3 or Rapid 3 from LAX to Colorado/Broadway or LA Metro 4; 704; 33; 733 from Downtown LA to Colorado/ Broadway
• Baggy pants, open-toed shoes, and sandals are not recommended
• Sunscreen is recommended
• Helmets are required for persons under 18 years of age, but optional for adults (over 18 years)
• Tours may be cancelled if an unforeseen circumstance or weather makes for dangerous riding conditions (if the tour cannot be rescheduled, you will receive full credit or a refund)
Product ID: 51338