Glide through the city of Long Beach, explore downtown, roll along the beach, and cross the Queensway Bridge on a self-balancing Segway. This 3-Hour Sand & Sea Extended Tour takes you to the Pike, the Queen Mary, the Scorpion, Rainbow Harbor, and more.
What to Expect
Don't miss the three-hour Sand and Sea Extended Tour!
Riders will have the opportunity to roll across the Queensway Bridge to the south side of Queensway Bay for an up-close visit to the Queen Mary and so much more! This Extended Tour hits all of the points of interest that are included in the Downtown Tour, and gives you an extra hour to spend some time on the south side of Queensway Bay, where you’ll learn more about the history of its famous World War II-era watercraft. From the Queensway Bridge, you’ll have an incredible view of Shoreline Village and the extravagant yachts, commercial ships, and personal sailboats that make their way in and out of the harbor. Your group will roll across the water, stopping halfway across the bridge to give you plenty of time to take photos from this unique perspective of Long Beach.
Race around Harry Bridges Memorial Park freely on your Segway before getting up close and personal with the Queen Mary, an old warship and cruise liner that now serves as a permanently docked floating resort. You’ll learn about the history of the Queen Mary, including war stories from its time as the “Grey Ghost” and tales of its haunted past. The Queen Mary’s neighbor, a WWII submarine called the Scorpion, has its fair share of war stories, as well, which you’ll hear before you head back to the north side of the bay, where you’ll have an extended period of time dedicated to riding along the beach before heading back toward Shoreline Village.
There’s nothing like the experience of riding a Segway on the beach!
- Segway and helmet
- Segway training
- Carry bag for personal items
- Wireless headset
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that once you have booked your tour and received a confirmation, you will need to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure for training.
• Be sure to bring the required forms of identification, a valid driver’s license, passport, or State ID, along with at least one major credit card (preferably the one you used to book the tour).
• Wear comfortable, flat, closed-toe shoes and layers of clothing appropriate for the day’s expected weather.
• Each rider must be at least 14 years of age, be a minimum of 48” tall and must weigh between 100 and 260 lbs. At least one adult must accompany any minor. We do not offer tours to those with balance issues, those who are pregnant, or anyone under the influence of alcohol.