LA: Ethnic Neighborhoods Food and Culture Tour
From £65 per personBook now
- Taste sweet and savory foods from Koreatown, Little Armenia, and Thai Town
- Experience the culture and learn the history of diverse LA neighborhoods
- Admire ornate historic architecture and get a glimpse of the Hollywood Sign
- Take part in real East Hollywood life and ride on a local bus
During the 4-hour tour, you will learn how these neighborhoods came about, what makes them unique and where to find some of the city’s best and most hidden ethnic cuisine. Enjoy delicious tastings in markets, restaurants, hole-in-the-wall eateries and bakeries, making sure to include a variety of both sweet and savory ethnic foods.
You will ride the Metro to explore more neighborhoods, and observe life in some of LA’s most vibrant areas, highlighting traditional homes, architecture and cultural hot spots, from the site of the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy to Korean karaoke bars and Thai Spirit Houses.
You will enjoy enough food for a whole meal, so come with an appetite!
- Select sweet and savory tastings (vegetarian options available with advance notice upon booking), some non-alcoholic drinks and water
- Public transportation fare from Koreatown to Little Armenia
- English-speaking local guide
- Notes: Please indicate vegetarian preferences or any dietary restrictions upon booking. The local guide will do to their best to accommodate you, although they cannot guarantee an alternative option at each stop.
- Additional food and drink
- Return transportation to start point
- Tips and gratuities
3355 Wilshire Blvd. (in front of the Gaylord Apartments). Metro Red Line stop Wilshire/Vermont. Local bus lines 720, 20, 206, 204. Please see www.metro.net for more information on how to arrive by public transportation. Parking available on Catalina between Wilshire and 7th St., or on residential streets near drop off location (Hollywood and Western Metro Station).
• Please contact vendor to confirm your tour 24 hours prior to departure.
• Please bring a refillable bottle for water and remember to keep hydrated, especially during hot days. A reusable bag is also recommended to carry any purchases and reduce plastic bag waste.
• As you will walk about 3 miles in total, please wear comfortable walking shoes. Comfortable clothing, sunscreen, hat and sunglasses are recommended (especially for warmer months) and layers may be necessary as evenings can be cool from October through June.
• Children must be aged 6 to 11 years inclusively. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
Product ID: 34819