Speed over the fjord as you head towards the abandoned Soviet town, Grumant. See the remains of the forlorn settlement precariously positioned in a valley between towering cliffs, and catch glimpses of the wildlife surrounding it.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Norwegian
- Pickup included
- Pick up is only available from: Radisson Blu Polar Hotel Spitsbergen, Funken Lodge, Coal Miners' Cabins, Svalbard Hotell Polfareren, Svalbard Hotell The Vault, Mary-Ann's Polarrigg and Port of Longyear.
- Small group
- Limited to 11 participants
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Warm shoes
Know before you go
- Safety is the highest priority, and the guide needs to be able to give directions you understand. To participate, it is required that you speak and understand English or one of the Scandinavian languages.
- Please note that the tour is in an open boat, and you may experience bumpy seas and sea spray. This tour is not recommended for those with back problems or who are pregnant. Participants are personally responsible for any equipment they bring on board.
- A waiver must be signed to participate.
- All tours are subject to weather conditions, and the route may be adjusted.