Enjoy a bike tour of historic Hampton Court Palace and Windsor Castle and discover past and present residences of the English monarchy. Take afternoon tea and cake in the shadow of Windsor Castle, and explore the former home of Henry VIII and his wives.
What to Expect
Experience a quintessentially English adventure, cycling along the paths of the River Thames to Windsor, passing riverside pubs, quaint locks, and even a Royal Farm Shop.
Riding at a relaxed pace, the 20-mile (33-kilometer) route takes in the scenic views and historic riverside en route. Hop across the river by local ferry and enjoy a traditional pub lunch. You can also pick up some tasty treats and great souvenirs at the Royal Farm Shop for your afternoon picnic if you wish.
Arriving at Windsor, finish with a traditional afternoon tea picnic overlooked by Windsor Castle, the country residence of Queen Elizabeth II.
If you wish to stay in Windsor for the night, your guide can assist with luggage and accommodation details. Otherwise, there are convenient direct trains back to central London.
Take a half day cycle ride to Hampton Court Palace the day before and visit the palace, then after a restful night in local accommodation, use the same bike and cycle the next day to Windsor!
Whatever your preferences, get in touch and the local guide can arrange a memorable trip for you. Other special days can be arranged by prior arrangement, so long as there are a minimum of 4 people.
This tour does not include a visit to Windsor Castle (unless you are on a team of fast-paced cyclists). If you would like to visit Windsor Castle, please consider the Windsor Castle: 4-Hour Bike Tour and Picnic Breakfast, also available through GetYourGuide.
- Bike hire with helmet
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Ferry trip
- Traditional afternoon tea picnic (Full-day summer trip)
- Either mulled wine, tea or coffee and snacks (Private full-day winter trip)
What's Not Included
- Pub lunch
- Transport to/from start and finish locations
Cancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Sensible outdoor clothing and shoes are advised as paths can be muddy
• This bike ride is offered on Fridays during the summer so that you can stay in Windsor for the weekend if you wish to fully enjoy the sights. Your guide can help with luggage transfers and local accommodation if needed. Alternatively, enjoy the bike tour and return home from either of the 2 train stations. Direct trains back to London leave from both stations.
• This is a private tour for 1-4 people. This also includes bike hire
• Please ensure you are capable of cycling this distance. You will also cycle on a busy main road for part of the trip, so only experienced cyclists should join this tour. Other shorter rides are available for less experienced riders
• The route is flat along the River Thames, but also involves carrying your bike up and down steps
• No refund on cancellations made within 72 hours. Dates can be changed but subject to a charge