Enjoy a bike tour along the River Thames to Windsor. Pass quaint locks, riverside houses, and visit the Royal Farm Shop, and an old riverside pub. Stop for a breakfast picnic at Shepperton Lock and enjoy an optional visit to Windsor Castle on your own.
What to Expect
Kick off at the Shepperton train station where you’ll pick up your bikes and equipment for this 4-hour tour that’s priced for a group of up to 4 persons.
Cycle the village route to the idyllic Shepperton Lock for your breakfast tea picnic to get your day off to a good start. Continue your ride to Windsor Castle along the River Thames path passing quaint locks and riverside pubs. Bring a sandwich to enjoy en route and stop for a drink at a charming riverside pub before visiting the Royal Farm Shop for souvenirs.
You’ll arrive in Windsor at around 14:00/14.30 ready for your optional visit to Windsor Castle. Walk the short distance uphill to Windsor Castle for your visit or just spend some time enjoying the town.
- Bike hire
- High visibility vests (if required)
- Tour guide
- Bottle of water
- Breakfast picnic (bacon sandwich and tea/coffee)
What's Not Included
- Lunch and drinks
- Admission to Windsor Castle
Know Before You Go
• This route is a basic river path with some uneven parts in places. Carrying the bike up and down steps and some busy road cycling are involved in reaching the Royal Farm Shop and entering Windsor.
• This ride is recommended for confident riders with a good level of fitness, although your guide can assist with carrying the bike up and down steps if required
• You can access the Shepperton train station directly from London Waterloo/London Victoria/Clapham Junction/Vauxhall
• Windsor Castle closes at 17.30