London: Westminster Abbey and National Gallery Day Tour
From £81 per personBook now
- Go inside Westminster Abbey and see the tombs of poets and kings
- Watch the Changing of the Guards outside Buckingham Palace or Horse Guards Parade
- See masterpieces of art by Da Vinci, Van Gogh, and Rembrandt
- Listen to stories of attempted escape from Buckingham Palace!
- Skip the long lines and escape the crowds
Start with a morning tour of one of the world’s great cathedrals, and discover the site of coronations of the English monarchy for more than 1,000 years. Follow in the footsteps of kings, queens, and statesmen as you enter Westminster Abbey, and learn pivotal points in its history, including the most recent royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Then, watch the Changing of the Guards ceremony, either outside Buckingham Palace or at Horse Guards Parade (depending on the day). Your guide will make sure you are in prime position to see the Queen’s soldiers march by and enjoy the pageantry to its fullest.
End the morning outside Buckingham Palace, and gaze at the rather austere façade of the Queen’s official residence. See the balcony where the Royal Family appears during major events, and hear stories of intruders and princes scaling the walls to get inside, and to get out!
Enjoy lunch (on your own) before meeting again outside the National Gallery. Go inside to discover masterpieces of art, and hear stories that bring paintings to life. See Van Gogh’s “Sunflowers” and Rembrandt’s self-portrait. Marvel at Leonardo da Vinci’s “Virgin of the Rocks,” and much more.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to Westminster Abbey
- English-speaking guide
- Headsets (when needed) to hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
Meet at Westminster Abbey. Look for the tall marble and stone column opposite the west entrance of Westminster Abbey. At the top is a figure of St. George slaying a dragon. Your guide will be waiting at this column. GPS Coordinates: 51.499365861895086, -0.1290380736801353 For the National Gallery, meet in front of the National Gallery on the terrace overlooking Trafalgar Square (behind the monument of George IV). GPS Coordinates: 51.508411, -0.127636
• Westminster Abbey does not permit large items of bulky luggage. Please avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks as there are no cloakroom facilities for luggage to be stored
• The morning tour ends outside Buckingham Palace at 11:45. You will then have a lunch break until 13:45 for the afternoon tour. This ends at 16:30 on Trafalgar Square
• Westminster Abbey may close at short notice. The tour will be rescheduled if this occurs
• Photography is not permitted in Westminster Abbey. Non flash-photography is permitted in the National Gallery
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible or stroller-friendly
• The Changing of the Guard ceremony does not operate in heavy rain. In the event it is cancelled, it will be replaced with an extended walk
Product ID: 62234