Traditional British Ale and Food Tasting: Evening TourProduct ID: 56541
From £48 per personBook now
- Enjoy a relaxing evening in a historic British pub in the heart of London
- Learn about traditional British ales, how they are brewed, how to taste them, and the foods to pair them with
- Taste 6 different types of beer, experiencing a wide variety of flavors
There is much more to beer, however, than just drinking it as you’ll discover on this 2-hour tour.
During this evening master class you’ll learn about the brewing process, the many different flavors, how best to taste and enjoy beers, how to store beer, and how to serve it.
Discover pale, dark, and ruby red ales, specialty ales, gluten-free beers, and a refreshing London lager.
Your evening will be led by an expert cask master, who will also serve you typical British foods and explain which should be eaten with which beer, and why.
Enjoy traditional foods prepared by the chef on site, using only the best local ingredients. Taste the mini fish and chips, mini steak and ale pies, Gloucestershire old spot sausages, wild boar and chorizo burgers, traditional British cheddar cheese, and more!
Armed with so much new knowledge, you’ll be able to choose your favorite and end the evening enjoying a pint or a bottle from the selection you have tasted.
Your guide will be with you throughout the evening, filling you in on the history of Britain and London and the culture and traditions, answering your questions, and offering advice and insights on London for the rest of your stay.
- Tasting class with an expert cask master
- 1/3 pint each of 6 different ales
- 6 different tastings of traditional British food
- 1 pint of beer at the end of the evening
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
Meet directly in front of the Charing Cross Hotel at Charing Cross Station. This station is serviced by the Northern and Bakerloo lines. Exit from the station on the Strand side. The hotel should be directly on your right hand side. Your guide will be waiting there, holding a sign for ease of recognition. (GPS coordinates: 51.50837147165717, -0.12503165889552292) (Open in Google Maps)
• Tour group size does not exceed 20 participants
• Persons under the age of 18 years are not permitted on the tour. Be sure to carry the necessary proof of age. The tour provider cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to lack of necessary identification
• You are asked to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
• Unfortunately this tour cannot accommodate guests with wheelchairs or impairments, or strollers or baby carriages
Product ID: 56541