London Full-Day Walking Tour and Tower of LondonProduct ID: 49908
From £113 per personBook now
- See the famous "Beefeaters" of the Tower of London
- Cruise down the River Thames on a panoramic river cruiser
- Enjoy a traditional Afternoon Tea at a luxury hotel
- Discover the hidden nooks of London, known only to locals
- Marvel at historic palaces and government buildings, including the Houses of Parliament
- Walk down Whitehall to see the entrance to 10 Downing Street
- Watch the Changing of the Guards ceremony from a prime position
Meet at the Tower of London, home to the Yeoman Warders (“Beefeaters”), and a former prison that was the site of the execution of 3 English queens! Marvel at the Crown Jewels of the English monarchy, and see official regalia worn by HM the Queen, including orbs, swords, crowns and sceptres. Go to the White Tower where the “Princes in the Tower” were held before being murdered, allegedly by Richard III.
Next, cruise down the Thames on board a river boat. Admire the sights en route to the Embankment, such as St. Paul’s Cathedral and Shakespeare’s Globe. Upon arrival at the Embankment, stroll over to watch the Changing of the Guards ceremony, either at Buckingham Palace or Horse Guards Parade. Your guide will put you in prime position for the best views of the crowded event, and provide a colorful commentary as the pageant unfolds. End your morning tour at Buckingham Palace, the official residence of Queen Elizabeth II.
Get recommendations for nearby restaurants for lunch (own expense) from your guide. Then, re-group for a guided afternoon walk around Trafalgar Square, past the government offices of Whitehall, to the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. Along the way, your guide will point out iconic attractions, such as the site of the old Palace of Whitehall, and the Banqueting Hall where King Charles II was executed.
End the afternoon with a traditional Afternoon Tea of scones and jam with clotted cream, finger sandwiches and cake, all served on fine china in a luxury hotel.
- Entrance tickets to the Tower of London
- Boat cruise on the River Thames
- Guided walking tour from Embankment to Buckingham Palace
- Changing of the Guard ceremony (weather permitting)
- Guided walking tour from Whitehall to Westminster
- Afternoon tea at a luxury hotel
- English-speaking guide
- Headsets when appropriate to hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transfers between tours
The morning meeting point is directly in front of the Tower of London ticket office (just opposite the main entrance to the Tower). The nearest Underground station is Tower Hill. Upon leaving the station, turn right towards Trinity Square. You will see the Tower as you exit the station, and the meeting point is a 3-minute walk (GPS Coordinates: 51.508942, -0.078180) from the station. For the afternoon tour, meet by the Duke of York Column on Waterloo Place, 9 Carlton Terrace, London SW1Y 5AJ. This is the tall column with a statue on top (GPS Coordinates: 51.5063159, -0.1317662000000155) (Open in Google Maps)
• Please give the local operator advance notice of any special dietary requirements
• Non-flash photography is permitted in the Tower of London
• Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving once the tour has departed cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded
• The tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs. Please wear comfortable shoes
• With regret, tours are not suitable for people in wheelchairs, or any impairment requiring special assistance. Strollers or baby carriages cannot be accommodated
• The Changing of the Guard ceremony will not operate in the event of rain. In the event of rain, the ceremony will be replaced with an extended walking tour. Please also note the the Changing of the Guards ceremony is sometimes rescheduled to the early morning on Sundays, and your tour will not include the ceremony
Product ID: 49908