Spend your morning in London at leisure before embarking on this afternoon tour of Stonehenge. Explore one of the most famous prehistoric monuments with the help of an audio guide, and later stop to enjoy a fish and chips supper at a traditional pub.
What to Expect
The most famous prehistoric monument in the world, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Stonehenge stands alone on the vastness of the Salisbury Plain. Its origins date back nearly 5,000 years and its purpose has continued to be a subject of public debate.
Questions such as what this vast collection of stones was intended for and whether it was an observatory of the moon, a temple to the sun, or an elaborate cemetery have arisen over the decades.
On this afternoon tour you’ll explore the site with an audio guide and do your best to unlock the secrets as you marvel at this remarkable and mysterious feat of ancient engineering and design.
On the return trip you’ll be dropped off outside a traditional pub, where you’ll enjoy a tasty supper of fish and chips.
- Stonehenge admission
- Fish and chips supper with tea or coffee
- Audio guide facilities on arrival
Know Before You Go
• The driver will give you a voucher for your fish and chips supper and drop you off near the pub
• Entrance to the Stonehenge site with an audio guide and entrance to the new visitor center is included
• Arrival time back in London is approximately 20:00 during the summer months and 18:00 from mid-October until the end of March
• If the pub is not available a similar establishment in central London will be substituted