Visit the ancient capital of England at Winchester and continue to Salisbury. Home to a fabulous Norman Cathedral, Winchester sets the scene for a history filled day out from London, including the mystical prehistoric remains of Stonehenge.
What to Expect
Head southwest from London on this private, chauffeur driven tour through bucolic English countryside through the counties of Wiltshire and Hampshire. It is a 90-minute journey, but you will be traveling in style and the views are superb.
All comforts are taken care of, including a pick-up from your central London hotel at a time to suit you.
Once you arrive in Winchester head for the Norman cathedral, former place of pilgrimage and last burial site of Jane Austen. Its interior is magnificent and has seen the weddings and funerals of ancient kings and queens, and the coronation of Richard The Lionheart.
Next move on to Salisbury, located on the confluence of 5 rivers. The 13th-Century city is dominated by its Anglican cathedral, which boasts the tallest church spire in England. Inside you can find the best-preserved copy of the Magna Carta.
You will then drive to Stonehenge, one of the most mysterious places on earth. Its purpose remains unknown but it stands eerily aloof on Salisbury Plain, a chalk plateau that still reveals evidence of Roman roads.
This tour is ideal for couples that want to explore on their own and travel in style, but it can also be customized for families or groups of up to 8 people. If you wish, and for an extra fee, you can opt to add a Blue Badge Guide to give you an immersive tour throughout the day.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your chosen central London location
- Chauffeur driven limousine
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees into specific attractions
- Tour Guide (a Blue Badge Guide is available upon request for an added cost)
Know Before You Go
• 3-day Great British Heritage Pass: £40 per adult; £25 per child. Child policy: Applies to 6-16 years (under 6 free of charge when accompanied by an adult). Pass includes admission to Stonehenge
• Please note, a seasonal supplement charge of 50% applies to tours booked for the following dates: December 25 - 26 and January 01