Oxford Full-Day Tour with Train Transfers from London
From £71 per personBook now
- Walk among the dreamy spires and college courtyards of Oxford
- See the Great Hall of Christ Church, from the "Harry Potter" movies
- Learn about the famous alumni of one of the world's oldest universities
- Enjoy some free time to watch the punters on the River Thames
- Get tips on the best places to have a traditional cream tea
- Discover hidden courtyards and secret gardens known only to locals
- Transfer through the English countryside by high speed train
Transfer to Oxford on the fast train from Paddington Station. Sit back and relax on the 1-hour journey through the English countryside. Upon arrival, soak up the learned atmosphere of Oxford’s city center. One of the oldest universities in the world, Oxford University is made up of 38 separate colleges, many in buildings of breathtaking beauty. See students and dons riding bicycles down narrow streets in their gowns!
Your guide will point out hidden courtyards and quadrangles, historic libraries, and even Oxford’s own “Bridge of Sighs.” Visit Christ Church College to see the Great Hall that stood in for “Hogwarts” in the “Harry Potter” films. Stand among the wooden tables that stretch to infinity. Admire portraits on the paneled walls. The 16th-century staircase leading up to the Great Hall was also used in “Harry Potter,” as were the cloisters, originally built 1,000 years ago.
Then, enjoy plenty of free time to explore at leisure. Your guide can recommend places for lunch or a traditional cream tea. Take a stroll in the peaceful meadows by the River Thames. See the traditional “punts” (flat-bottomed boats), or pop into artisanal shops for unique souvenirs.
Transfer back to London by train for the end of tour services at Paddington Station.
- Return train tickets from London to Oxford and back (escorted both ways)
- English-speaking guide
- Headsets where appropriate to hear your guide
- Walking tour of Oxford
- Entrance to Christ Church College
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
Meet under the large clock on Platform 1 of Paddington Station. Take the Underground to Paddington, and follow the signs for the main rail station. Once on the main concourse, look for the large clock by Platform 1. Your guide will be waiting there, holding a sign for ease of contact (GPS Coordinates: 51.5164332124482, -0.17639918413090072)
• Please be at the meeting point 25 minutes before departure. Guests arriving once the tour has departed cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets will not be refunded
• The tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs. Please wear comfortable shoes
• With regret, tours are not suitable for people in wheelchairs, or any impairment requiring special assistance. Strollers or baby carriages cannot be accommodated
• Please note that the Great Hall and Chapel at Christ Church are sometimes closed without notice. In the event this happens, other similar sites will be arranged
Product ID: 49915