Take to the streets of London on the quirky yellow Duck truck and see the capital's most famous sites, including Houses of Parliament and Downing Street. The Duck then transforms into a boat, taking you off on a 30-minute adventure down the River Thames!
What to Expect
Experience the many faces of London – the grand architecture, royalty, parliament, and pageantry – from an amphibious WWII Duck truck!
Start the sightseeing tour next to the London Eye. From here, hop on the mighty Duck, the kooky vehicle that’s a splash of fun among the capital’s black cabs and traditional red double-deckers.
Swing past the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and the Prime Minister’s home at number 10 Downing Street. Next stop in London is Trafalgar Square, with your guide providing action-packed commentary along the way. You will drive past the following Palaces; Buckingham, Lambeth, and St. James's.
Pass by the Tate Britain and continue on through Westminster. The Duck might look a little incongruous among the capital's most exclusive streets, famous hotels, and fancy stores, but that’s all part of the Duck's charm.
The Duck is quite the British institution too. Invented in 1942, 21,000 of these real-life Duck transformers were used during D-Day to bring supplies from ships to Normandy's beaches. In fact, in 1944, Ducks brought 18 million tons of supplies ashore to France over 4 months, saving countless lives.
After all that sightseeing, it’s time to take the Duck off the road and into the River Thames! At a water ramp right next to the MI5 headquarters, the Duck truck will zoom into the muddy waters and become a boat in a dramatic river landing. Enjoy a 30-minute voyage hearing about London and its famous sights.
- 45-minute road tour on the Duck truck
- 30-minute river cruise on the amphibious Duck truck
This activity is non-refundable
Belvedere Road, Waterloo, London, SE1. The Duck Stop is located between Jubilee Gardens and the Southbank Centre (Royal Festival Hall).
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• The following sightseeing tours will have a tour/route switch: November 9th and 11th. The alternative tour features some of the most iconic landmarks, such as the Houses of Parliament.
• Refunds are not given if you miss your tour time, so please take some time in planning your trip to make sure you get to the Duck Stop in plenty of time.
• You have the choice of doing either the Road OR River first BUT please ensure that you arrive with enough time to take your Road Tour as these timings can not be amended.
• Bookings for London Duck Tours are non-refundable.
• Due to high demand for London Duck Tours, if the time slot you have chosen is not available, the supplier will book you into a new time slot within an hour or two of your original choice. Last tours are dependent on sunset, and operate every 30 minutes to 1-hour during normal operation, and every 15 minutes on weekends and peak periods such as public holidays.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult