Get closer to the world-famous Changing of the Guard ceremony in London on a private or small-group tour led by a local. Discover the significance behind one of the most iconic British traditions.
About this tour
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 105 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Meet the guide by the Equestrian statue of Edward VII, Waterloo Place. Look for the statue of a man on a horse and a sign saying "Urban Saunters." Arriving by tube: Take the tube to Piccadilly Circus and take exit No. 3 onto Regent Street/St. James's. Walk south down Regent Street towards St. James's Park (do not walk north towards Oxford Street). Waterloo Place is at the end of Regent Street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- This tour takes place rain or shine
- You will not stand at the forecourt of Buckingham Palace as, due to crowds, you would see very little
- It is at the discretion of the British Army to change or cancel the ceremony. The announcement will not be made until after 10:30 AM
- If the full ceremony is canceled, there will still be the chance to see the guards marching without the music