Lake District Day Trip from London with Afternoon Tea
From £210 per personBook now
- Explore the romantic landscape of the Lake District
- Visit the former home of Beatrix Potter
- Cruise on Consiton Water
- Enjoy an afternoon tea of homemade cakes and sandwiches
- Go to Wray Castle for panoramic views of Lake Windermere
- Wander among whitewashed houses in medieval Hawkshead
Upon arrival at Oxenholme you will be met by a local guide who will take you on a tour of the Lakes. Cruise Coniston Water, immortalized by the children’s author Arthur Ransome, and beloved by John Ruskin, who owned a house on the lake’s eastern shores.
Next, visit the medieval village of Hawkshead to see an enchanting mix of whitewashed houses and cobblestone streets. Make your way to Hill Top Farm, former home of Beatrix Potter, and discover the inspiration for so many of her characters.
Then, it’s on to Wray Castle, built in 1840 in the Gothic Revival style. Beatrix Potter enjoyed several holidays here as a child, and the grounds of the castle offer splendid views over Lake Windermere.
A highlight of your day will be a traditional afternoon tea at Lindeth Howe Country Hotel, another former home of Beatrix Potter. Sip refreshing cups of tea, served with cakes and finger size sandwiches of Cumbrian beef, tomato and cucumber, or cheddar cheese with homemade chutney.
- Return train tickets to Oxenholme
- Guided tour of the Lake District
- Afternoon tea
- Food and drinks (unless otherwise specified)
Meet your tour representative outside the main ticket office of Euston Station, London. They will give you your travel documents and tickets for the train departure to Oxenholme, as well as answer any last minute questions you may have
• Hill Top House is closed on Fridays however the tour will still visit its Garden and Shop
• From the October 31 to February 10, the visit to Hill Top House or Gardens will not be included in this tour
Product ID: 43262