Cycle the historic Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race route of London’s River Thames on a full or half-day bike tour from Putney to Richmond. Visit a local pub for some samples of locally brewed ale and savor lunch in an 18th-century riverside pub if you wish.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 - 6 hours
- Starting time 10:30 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Private group
- Cycle the University Boat Race route of the River Thames London
- Hear about Saxon and Roman history while passing by old riverside houses and pubs
- Pass London Fullers Brewery and taste famous London Pride and other beers
- Pass working boat yards and enjoy parts of the Grand Union Canal
- Cross the River Thames 4 times (Half-day trip: 3 times)
- See the remains of Henry VII's Richmond Palace linked to royals for 150 years
- Finish at Richmond and a riverside pub or walk to the nearby train station
- Choose a half-day option to enjoy Kew Gardens or lunch at a riverside pub
- Bike hire with helmet
- Local guide
- Ale tasting session
- Pub lunch
- Transport to/from start and finish location
- Entrance fee for attractions
- Children under 18 years
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Outdoor clothing
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Sensible outdoor clothing/shoes advised, some of this route can be muddy.
- Booking is essential to reserve your bike.
- Luggage transfer and accommodation help is offered if needed (extra cost on request).
- No refund on cancellations within 72 hours of tour, however dates can be changed but subject to a charge.
- Private Tour is for 1-4 people with bike hire