Devon and Cornwall 5-Day Small Group Tour
From £458 per personBook now
- Travel in a luxury 5 star minicoach with a small friendly group
- Visit famous historical landmarks, such as Stonehenge and Tintagel Castle
- Explore the natural beauty of Durdle Door, Dartmoor and Lands End
- Discover the Roman city of Exeter and the pretty coastal villages of Cornwall
- Travel through the landscapes made famous in the books by Rosamunde Pilcher
Depart London and travel through the old kingdom of Wessex to the most famous Neolithic standing stone circle of Stonehenge. Having explored this mystical place, your tour will continue to the dramatic south Devon coast, enjoying panoramic views over white sandy beaches and the natural rock arch of Durdle Door. Spend an afternoon exploring some of the coast, before arriving at the historic city of Exeter, the Romans most southwesterly fortified settlement, and your base for 2 nights.
Your morning is spent exploring the magnificent wilderness of Dartmoor, the ancient "Clapper Bridge" at Postbridge, and the historic market town of Tavistock, home to Francis Drake. Return to Exeter in the early afternoon to explore the Roman town, with its underground passages, ancient walls, Royal Albert Memorial Museum and famous 12th-Century Norman Cathedral.
Travel west into the heart of Arthurian legend country and the Celtic kingdom of Cornwall. The day’s highlights include the ancient capital of Cornwall, Launceston, with its 12th-Century Norman keep perched overlooking Bodmin Moor, and Bodmin Moor itself with its wild ponies wandering among the pre-historic stones called the Hurlers and the Cheesewring.
Legends of pixies and spriggins abound, and the resting place of King Arthur’s sword Excalibur in Dozmary Pool combine with mythical tales of the Beast of Bodmin to make this a very special place. A brief visit to the Golitha Falls and St. Neot’s stunning crusader church add further variety to your day. Continue to the west coast and the romantic Tintagel Castle, birthplace of King Arthur, before travelling south to the seaside University town of Falmouth for 2 nights.
Explore the most westerly tip of England on this magnificent day, taking in St. Michael’s Mount, the stunning cliff top village of Mousehole, the incredible Minack Theater, built into the cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, and the beautiful National Trust beach at Porthcurno.
Look out for pirates at Penzance! England’s most westerly point beckons at Lands End before following the dramatic coast, with windswept moors and old stone Celtic communities, up to the artistic haven of St. Ives. Return to Falmouth for the night.
This morning you say farewell to Cornwall and travel back through the Devon countryside with stops for photos and refreshments before arriving in the famous little town of Glastonbury for lunch. Glastonbury Tor rises high above the town and has mythical connections with King Arthur and Avalon. From here you will return back eastwards to London, a city completely removed from the experiences you have enjoyed in the magical counties of Devon and Cornwall.
Staying in a range of locally owned, friendly B&B's and guesthouses, you will enjoy en suite facilities, and tranquility in scenic locations in the lovely southwest of England.
- 4 nights accommodation
- Minicoach transport
- Knowledgeable and entertaining local driver/guide
- Entry fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Tours leave from Stance 3, Greenline Coach Terminal, Bulleid Way, Victoria, SW1W 9SH. If arriving by foot, access the terminal through the building at 4 Fountain Square, 123-151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH.
• It is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear for your tour – England can be a wet place!
• Accommodation will be drawn from a selection of small, locally-owned, guesthouses and B&Bs in the towns of Exeter and Falmouth. All rooms are en suite. The guesthouses may be up to 20 minutes walk from the town center. For individual travelers, please select the single accommodation option. For 2 or more people traveling together, please choose the twin room shared option.
Product ID: 22636