Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey with Afternoon Tea
From £139 per personBook now
- Enjoy a guided visit to Westminster Abbey, site of royal coronations, royal weddings, and the resting place of monarchs, poets and historical figures
- See the Changing of the Guards, a tradition of pomp and pageantry typically British that never fails to impress
- Experience a once-in-a-lifetime chance to visit the inside of Buckingham Palace, residence of the Royal Family
- Relax with some delicious Afternoon Tea at a nearby luxury hotel
After your visit to the Abbey, your guide will lead you to the Changing of the Guards. This world-famous ceremony takes place either at Buckingham Palace or at Horse Guards Parade, depending on the day. Your guide will make sure you are in a prime position to enjoy the best views at this crowded event. Enjoy commentary regarding the history and pageantry behind the ceremony – see the Queen’s Foot Guards, with their red tunics and unmistakable bearskin hats, march to Buckingham Palace together with the military band or the Household Cavalry, complete with plumed silver helmets, ride in on their magnificent horses. (Please note that in heavy rain the guard’s parade will not take place). End your tour at Buckingham Palace, the residence of Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh. See the famous balcony where the royal family appears during major events, and hear stories of intruders and princes scaling the walls to get both inside and out!
After a break for lunch, it’s time to head inside Buckingham Palace, for a once-in-a-lifetime visit of the magnificent state apartments. Only open for 2 short months each year, this is a rare chance to peek inside the residence of the royal family. Due to the short period in which this tour is possible, tickets can be difficult to secure on your own, but with City Wonders, your entrance is pre-booked and access is guaranteed. With you prearranged admission you can spend more time appreciating the life of British royalty. Take time to appreciate some of the Royal Collection’s greatest treasures: Sèvres porcelain, the finest English and French furniture in the world, masterful paintings and ornate décor – many of which were gifts from Heads of State around the world and throughout the centuries. The official Palace audio guide will introduce you to the history within the walls of Buckingham Palace and its treasured belongings. Though no local guides are allowed to speak inside the palace, your City Wonders expert will captivate you with stories of its most famous (and infamous) residents and colorful historical commentary about the life and traditions of the Royal Court before you set off to see it on your own. End your day with another fine British tradition, a sumptuous and traditional English tea. Enjoy scones with jam and clotted cream, a selection of sandwiches and cakes, and of course a pot of fresh tea, all served on fine china in the magnificent surroundings of a traditional London luxury hotel.
- Entrance ticket with skip-the-line access to Westminster Abbey
- Timed entrance ticket to Buckingham Palace
- Afternoon tea
- Expert local guide
- Small groups of 25 or fewer
- Headsets where appropriate so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
First Part: Meeting Time: 9:00hrs Departure Time: 9:15hrs Westminster Abbey tour: At Westminster Abbey. Look for the tall marble and stone column opposite the west entrance of Westminster Abbey. At the top is a figure of St George slaying a dragon. Your guide will be waiting at this column. Arriving by tube: Take the tube to Westminster, exit, cross the road onto Bridge St and pass through Parliament Square. Walk along the Broad Sanctuary and you will see the column in front of you (oppposite the Westminster Abbey gift shop). 2 hours break time. Second Part: Meeting Time: 13:45 Departure Time: 14:00 Buckingham Palace tour: Directly in front of the Queen's Gallery at Buckingham Palace, Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1A 1AA. Look for the CityWonders sign. The Gallery is on the side of the Palace. Arriving by tube: Victoria Tube Station. Turn left on Victoria Street, then right onto Buckingham Palace Road. The Queen's Gallery is on the left hand side.
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking and much of the Abbey floor and steps are uneven, so please wear comfortable shoes
• This tour operator regrets that they are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance, or strollers or baby carriages
• Photography is not permitted in Westminster Abbey
• Photography is not permitted within Buckingham Palace, but is allowed within the gardens
• Entrance into Westminster Abbey requires a modest dress code
• Please inform the local supplier in advance of any special dietary requirements
Product ID: 71167