Enjoy a private tour that introduces you to Lisbon’s Jewish heritage that goes back to the beginnings of city foundation. With three thousand years of history, Lisbon overflows with influences of Sephardic presence.
What to Expect
Lisbon’s Jewish community came to develop a unique culture that was the reflection of their total social integration, which was only broken after the Renaissance. Get into the sounds, smells and beauty of Lisbon’s ancient alleyways, full of Sephardic memories. Your guide will take to the neighborhoods where the biggest Jewish community in Europe inhabited for centuries.
Discover why, even today, you can feel Sephardic influences, all over the town. Your guide will tell you why Jewish community was important for Portuguese Golden Age of Discoveries, and will tell about the intellectuals, the mathematicians, the cabalists, etc. You will feel Sephardic presence guided by a professional and comfortably driven by a tourism driver.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located Lisbon hotels only)
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Walking tour through the Jewish neighborhoods
- Guided tour inside the monuments
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Know Before You Go
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• A moderate amount of walking is involved