On this full-day trip you’ll head south from Lisbon, passing through a Portuguese pine forest to a natural lagoon. Visit Cabo Espichel and the Santuário de Nossa Senhora, the fishing village of Sesimbra, and marvel at the ocean views from Sesimbra Castle.
What to Expect
You’ll enjoy a drive south from Lisbon, passing through a vast pine forest on the way to the natural Albufeira Lagoon on this full-day private tour.
The lagoon is integrated in a dune system that comprises Lagoa Grande (great lagoon), Lagoa Pequena (little lagoon), and Lagoa da Estacada. The lagoons are connected by a narrow winding channel called Bico do Passarão.
Admire the traditional Mediterranean pine forest that surrounds the lagoon. The main trees you’ll see are stone pine and maritime pine, as well as some cork and eucalyptus.
Before departing the lagoon area you’ll stop to see the bird observatories, and then continue on your drive to Cabo Espichel. Take in the beauty of the natural surroundings and the history of the cape.
Visit the Santuário de Nossa Senhora, built during the 18th century, and then head to the Pedra da Mua e Lagosteiros field to see one of the most popular dinosaur footprint tracks in Portugal.
Next on the itinerary is the fishing village of Sesimbra. Climb up to the Sesimbra Castle for fantastic views over the sea.
If there’s some time to spare, you’ll also visit a renowned wine cellar and taste some fine regional wines.
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel in Lisbon or the cruise port
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or van
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Private guide
What's Not Included
- Lunch and any other items not mentioned in the description
Know Before You Go
• Be sure to bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and a camera
• If you are on a shore excursion from the cruise port, the tour times are flexible
• There will be a private guide for a maximum of 6 participants
• If there are more than 6 persons, there will be 2 guides/vans
• This tour is flexible in regards to start time, length of stay at each site, modifications to suggested itinerary, etc.
• Children up to 3 years old can join for free
• There is a 50 per cent discount for children between 4 and 12 years old
• If time permits there will be a chance to enjoy a wine tasting session