Explore the enchanted village of Sintra and its beautiful surroundings on a 4-hour tour from Lisbon by classic Citroen 2CV. Stop en route at Cabo da Roca, and marvel at coastal spots, such as Cascais and Estoril on the return journey to Lisbon.
What to Expect
Depart Lisbon for the fairytale town of Sintra on a half-day tour of the UNESCO World Heritage palaces and gardens, traveling by classic Citroen 2CV.
Called a "Glorious Eden" by the poet Lord Byron, Sintra became the preferred summer residence of the Portuguese royal family and a favorite spot for artists and authors.
Upon arrival, go to the National Palace or Pena Palace (optional) to marvel at the fantastical imagination of its architects. Then, taste a traditional travesseiro de Sintra, a puff pastry cake filled with egg cream, almonds, and cinnammon). There will be free time to explore the 18th and 19th-century chalets of the bohemian residents in central Sintra, as well as shop in the quaint souvenir stores.
Continue to Cabo da Roca for views of the Atlantic Ocean from the westernmost point of continental Europe. En route back to Lisbon, drive along the Marginal road to experience the glamor of the coastal resorts of Cascais and Estoril.
- Transportation by classic Citroen 2CV
- Walking tour
- Traditional "Travesseiro de Sintra" (puff pastry cake, filled with egg cream, almonds, and cinnamon, and dusted with sugar) accompanied with coffee (Bica)
- Driver assistance throughout
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees and guided tours of monuments
Know Before You Go
• Tours cancelled up to 72 hours before scheduled departure are entitled to a full refund; for cancellations of less than 72 hours, the full cost of the tour will be charged
• Please wear comfortable shoes and bring a camera
• Pick-up is available from hotels in Lisbon, or from the airport or pier