Tour covering the best attractions outside of Lisbon including Pena Palace in Sintra and the medieval town of Óbidos.
What to Expect
This relaxed sightseeing tour is suitable for couples, group of friends and families. Start the wonderful day visiting the most amazing castle in Sintra. The 1000 year old Castle sits on top of a mountain. From its towers and walls, you will feel like the "King of the World" admiring the old town down below, the sea and the country landscape. Not far away, there will be one of the most amazing palaces in Europe: Pena Palace, a reconstruction from the ruins of a 15th century convent, it showcases an unbelievable mix of styles, colors, tile symbols, statues and views. Only an incredibly wealthy and romantic King could lead the construction of this fairy tale palace. The interior is still decorated with original furniture, paintings and tiles in all of its different rooms.
After lunch, you will have time to walk over the cobblestone streets of the medieval town of Óbidos. It's a lovely well-preserved walled town. After a brief introduction, wonder through handcraft shops and try the typical local liquor called "ginja" in a tiny chocolate cup. Your knowledgeable guide will provide all information you need about the history, culture, and tradition without being a bore. Your guide can also give you tips about where to have lunch, according to your needs, budget and time. There will be no hassle to buy or visit any specific shop/restaurant, etc.
This day tour can be customized to match your interests. For example, the Moorish castle visit can be replaced for the National Palace of Sintra if you are unable to climb stairs. In Óbidos, the walking would be on flat ground.
- Pick-up, drop-off at your location in Lisbon or Cascais/Estoril area
- Small bottles of water, info maps about Pena Palace/Moorish Castle and Ginja shot in a chocolate cup in Óbidos (per person)
- Everything else, except "not included"
- Insurance according to national laws
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Your lunch and other personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Safe, clean and air-conditioned vehicles
• Please bring comfortable shoes
• During winter Sintra can be cooler than Lisbon