Visit Portugal's top religious sites on a 2-day tour from Lisbon. You’ll stop at the monasteries of Alcobaca and Batalha, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and spend time at the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima, an important Catholic pilgrimage site.
What to Expect
See the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima on this 2-day excursion from Lisbon. Spend the night in Fátima after visiting the Alcobaca and Batalha monasteries and touring the medieval walled town of Óbidos. Enjoy some free time to explore Fátima before returning to Lisbon.
Day 1: Lisbon to Óbidos, Alcobaça, Nazaré, Batalha, and Fátima
Leaving Lisbon, you’ll head north and make your first stop in Óbidos, a small village of traditional whitewashed houses and wrought iron balconies, surrounded by medieval walls.
Alcobaça is next on the itinerary, where you’ll visit the church at the monastery that’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It’s the first church built entirely in the gothic style in Portugal. See the tombs of Don Pedro and Dona Inês de Castro.
Stop for lunch in Nazaré, a traditional and colorful Portuguese fishing village. In the afternoon you’ll visit the church of Batalha Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a masterpiece of gothic style.
Later you’ll tour the Sanctuary of our Lady of Fátima, an important center for the Catholic faithful and one of the world’s most important pilgrimage sites. Visit the Basilica that houses the tombs of Lúcia, Francisco, and Jacinta, the little shepherds that reported the apparition of the Virgin Mary. You’ll also visit the Apparition Chapel, which is the heart of the shrine. Overnight in Fátima.
Day 2: Fátima to Lisbon
After breakfast at the hotel, you’ll have the day free for activities of a personal nature in Fátima. If you like you can attend mass before returning to Lisbon at the end of the day, traveling through a colorful farming region.
- Pick-up at any Lisbon Hotel
- Accommodation with breakfast buffet
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus or minivan
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees for Batalha and Alcobaça monasteries
- Lunch on day 1 at an ocean-view restaurant
- Dinner on day 1 (with full-board option)
What's Not Included
- Optional gratuities
- Additional meals
- Pick-up at Estoril Coast, Sintra, Cascais, Costa da Caparica, and Sesimbra-area hotels (available at an additional charge)
Know Before You Go
• Reservations are only accepted up to 72 hours prior to the tour date. Reservations are only guaranteed following receipt of payment by bank transfer, which needs to be submitted at least 72 hours prior to the date of service
• Cancelations made up to 72 hours prior to the departure date do not incur a fee. There are no refunds after this deadline
• Tickets for children up to the age of 4 are free of charge, but only include transportation (with any other costs incurred by the accompanying adult). Children from 5 years of age pay the adult fee
• This tour has a minimum 4 passenger requirement and is subject to cancelation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancelation, a refund will be provided