Lima: Shanty Town Tour
From £41 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceIn the lobby of your hotel
- Experience the real Lima, and live, laugh, and learn with the locals
- Explore a real Peruvian local community and visit the friendly families and children
- Enjoy a walking tour of a shanty town in Lima
- Admire the impressive panoramic views
Upon arrival you will be told about security and given some basic guidelines to follow while on this tour. Although shanty towns have a reputation, the guide will make you feel 100% safe at all times. While you slowly make your way to the base of the hill, your guide will explain about the community and its developments, as well as about the urbanization projects, politics, religion, etc.
Gradually you will slowly start your journey up the ‘yellow stairs’, pause for pictures of the amazing views of greater Lima, and get a glimpse into homes and local life. Stopping along the way to visit the colorful neighborhood and families, and see first-hand the smiling children of Lima. Meet a local craftsman who produces beautiful hand-made silverware, and perhaps make a purchase or two. On your way down you will visit a local kindergarten, and have the chance to meet the children on the street.
- Pick-up from your hotel in Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco or central Lima
- Private transport
- English-speaking guide
- All entrance tickets, tolls, parking fees, and taxes
- Return transport
Please to provide your hotel's name and address to organize your pick-up.
You will visit a shanty town that Haku Tours sponsors. Please contact us if you wish to make donations of any kind.
Please visit out “projects” page to see the work of Haku Tours and what our wonderful clients are doing to help the local people.
Product ID: 36477