Beautiful Riomaggiore is the largest of the Cinque Terre villages and the best place to experience the region’s food, history, and traditions. Taste local foods and wines directly from local sellers, hear stories of local life, and admire coastal views.
What to Expect
Starting in the center of Riomaggiore village, your local guide for this 2-hour Cinque Terre tour will show you around town, stopping to taste some of the best treats around.
First off you’ll head down to the marina and onto the terrace that overlooks the village. From this vantage point you’ll have the best possible view of the coastline with its multitude of colored houses and views of other Cinq Terre villages as well.
Once you’ve had some time to enjoy the view, it will be time to stimulate your palate and taste the best that Cinq Terre has to offer!
Head back to the center of the village to visit some of its shops and delis, and enjoy a number of tastings of regional foods and wines. Pesto, focaccia, Ligurian olives, anchovies, and local wines are just some of the specialties you’ll experience. The options may vary from tour to tour, depending on what’s fresh that day, but no matter what you’re served served, it’s sure to be delicious!
After you’ve had your fill, the Cinque Terre tour continues with another short uphill walk to the main church of Riomaggiore. You’ll enjoy another fantastic view, this time of the farm terraces with vineyards, olive trees, and lemon trees in the distance, and in front of you, the rooftops, gardens, and the blue of the Mediterranean Sea.
Continue along a path with even more stunning coastline views before finishing the tour back at the Riomaggiore train station.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food and drink tastings
What's Not Included
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and purchases of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Know Before You Go
• Be sure to wear comfortable shoes for walking
• This is a child-friendly tour
• Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select child when booking
• Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge
• Please indicate at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6