Journey back to the days of World War II on a 10-hour shore excursion to Normandy from Le Havre, and relive the historic invasion of the region by Allied troops. Visit museums, battlefields, and monuments along the beautiful beaches of Normandy’s coast.
What to Expect
Explore the history of the Allied invasion of Normandy’s beautiful beaches on a full-day shore excursion from Le Havre and learn about a pivotal moment of World War II.
On the 6 June 1944, starting at 06:30, Allied forces landed on the coast of Lower Normandy to start the liberation of Europe from the Germans. Follow the same roads taken by the Allied armies in the summer of 1944, as your guide takes you to museums, battlefields, cemeteries, and monuments, telling the stories behind the invasion along the way.
You will go to the American Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer, and to famed Omaha Beach, providing an essential link between the British and American forces. See the amazing artificial harbor of Port Winston at Arromanches, and the impressive German battery at Longues-sur-Mer.
- Pick-up and drop off at Le Havre Harbour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide/driver
- Normandy D-Day tour
What's Not Included
- Lunch (your guide will give recommendations)
- Tips and personal expenses
- Admission fees
Know Before You Go
• Please note that for the week June 1st - 9th, 2014, the tour may be disturbed due to important commemorations, therefore the tour will operate only if the participants have authorization access to the sites
• Please note that this is a full-day tour with early morning schedules. It is not possible to schedule an evening tour
• There is no guided tour inside any monuments or museums
• The tour duration of 10 hours includines time for lunch and transfer time