Valley of Fire Tour from Las VegasProduct ID: 47605
From £110 per personBook now
- Journey back 3,000 years in time and discover the great Anasazi "Lost City", the spiritual center of the great early American civilization
- See amazing rock formations and beautiful Indian art
- Experience authentic pueblos, pottery, baskets, arrowheads, tools, mystical ancient Indian petroglyphs, and other priceless artifacts
- Visit the Lost City Museum
- Experience this moving, spiritual, and wonder-filled adventure
- This tour of early Native American life is truly the jewel of the American Southwest
The incredible Valley of Fire was once the spiritual center of this great early American civilization. The rock formations and Indian art will amaze you. You will be moved to your soul on this spiritual and wonder-filled adventure.
Valley of Fire State Park, covering an area of almost 42,000 acres, is the oldest and largest state park in Nevada, and was designated as a National Natural Landmark in 1968. It derives its name from red sandstone formations, formed from great shifting sand dunes during the age of dinosaurs. These features, which are the centerpiece of the park's attractions, often appear to be on fire when reflecting the sun's rays.
Located 50 miles (80 kilometers) north-east of Las Vegas, at an elevation between 2,000–2,600 feet (610–790 meters), the valley abuts the Lake Mead National Recreation Area at the Virgin River confluence.
The park entry on Valley of Fire Highway, designated as a Nevada Scenic Byway, passes through the Moapa River Indian Reservation.
Although petroglyphs are present throughout the entire park, Mouse's Tank and Atlatl Rock are two areas in particular which have many petroglyphs while being relatively easily accessible.
The Valley of Fire has provided a setting for numerous films and television shows as well as many car commercials, including the 1966 film The Professionals with Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin, and Claudia Cardinale; the 1984-1987 CBS TV show Airwolf starring Jan-Michael Vincent and Ernest Borgnine; 1987 science fiction cult film Cherry 2000 starring Melanie Griffith and David Andrews; the 1990 American science fiction action film Total Recall starring Arnold Schwarzenegger; the 1994 American science fiction film Star Trek Generations; Criss Angel's show Criss Angel Mindfreak; the 2005 American action film Domino starring Keira Knightley; the 2007 American science fiction action film Transformers; Need for Speed: The Run, a car racing video game; and Lana Del Rey's Ride music video.
This is truly a special place, and the filmakers know it. Come and see for yourself!
- An unlimited supply of bottled water
- Tour does not operate on Monday, Tuesday or Saturdaz
Adventure Photo Tours will pick up at any of more than 250 Las Vegas hotels. For exact pick-up time and location, please call Adventure Photo Tours at (702) 889-8687 with your hotel information after you check-in. Arrive at the designated pick-up location at least 15 minutes prior to departure. (Open in Google Maps)
• Operates on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
Product ID: 47605