Head off on a full-day excursion to explore the western Lake District, departing from Keswick. Experience England’s steepest passes, visit the splendid gardens of the 14th-century Muncaster Castle, and admire Britain’s Favorite View at Wastwater.
What to Expect
Discover the beautiful sights of the western Lake District on a tour that’s packed with adventure.
Get picked up from Keswick and go to the official start point of the tour, which is located in Windermere.
From Windermere you will start your journey towards the famous Langdale Valley. There will be a stop in Elterwater, with time to admire this historic Lakeland village.
The tour travels over the Wrynose and Hardknott passes, and drive past the remains of the Hardknott Roman fort, situated a thousand feet up on the fells.
Take a ride on the famous miniature Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway before enjoying lunch at a traditional country inn. In the afternoon, you’ll continue on to 'Britain’s Favorite View at Wastwater', England’s deepest lake.
Your next destination is the splendid 14th-century Muncaster Castle, where you’ll have the opportunity to explore the internationally acclaimed gardens and the Hawk & Owl Centre.
There is the chance to take in views out over the Irish Sea as the tour travels over Corney Fell back towards the central lakes. The tour travels past Coniston Water and through the Yewdale Valley before reaching Windermere, where you transfer back to Keswick.
- Ride on Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway
- Admission to Muncaster Castle's gardens and grounds
- Admission to Muncastle Hawk & Owl Centre
What's Not Included
- Admission to Muncaster Castle
Know Before You Go
• Unfortunately, tours are not suitable for children under the age of 5.
• Please specify your pick-up point when booking, otherwise the central car park in Keswick will be the pick-up point.
• Routes are subject to change without notice and the vendor reserves the right to alter tours in the event of severe, inclement weather, traffic congestion, or for operational reasons.