Enjoy the Costa Rican rainforest on this adventure. Join a whitewater rafting trip on the Sarapiquí or Toro River with Desafío Adventure Company. View the Arenal Volcano as you cover 12 continuous class 3-4 rapids on this gorgeous stretch of river.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup included
- Pickup is available from local hotels in the Arenal Volcano area.
- Experience the best Class 3-4 whitewater closest to the Arenal Volcano and San José!
- The Sarapiquí and Toro Rivers are some of Costa Rica's most exciting rivers with over 30 exciting rapids on the San Miguel Class 3-4 section!
- See 10 kilometers of lush rainforest views while rafting
- Let Desafío plan and guide your Sarapiquí or Toro River Rafting Adventure
- Transport to/from your hotel
- Fun and professional guides who love what they do
- Tropical fruit break and delicious typical meal
- Travel from the San José area on the Adventure Connection incurs an additional charge
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with heart problems
- People with high blood pressure
- People with mobility impairments
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Change of clothes
- Comfortable clothes
- Insect repellent
- Water shoes
Know before you go
- Tours run rain or shine. For reasons beyond our control we may change to a more suitable tour with equal or similar difficulty rating and adventure-appeal. We reserve the right to cancel due to unsafe conditions and will only run according to established company policies. Full refund is given if no tour is run.
- Rafting, canyoneering, etc. involve some inherent risk and physical exertion, so you must be in good physical condition with no recent surgery, heart condition, pregnancy or injury. If you take medication and need it with you or have other medical concerns, please inform your guide.
- The natural environment of Costa Rica is unpredictable -- filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles and a variety of other wildlife. In addition, landslides, falling rocks and sudden flash floods are possible and river levels vary often. We may not be held responsible for any of the above.