Enjoy an exciting rafting adventure on this half-day tour in Costa Rica and discover Río Balsa, a beautiful river surrounded by rainforest near the Arenal Volcano. The class 2-3 rapids are ideal for families and first-timers who want a bit of adventure.
What to Expect
See amazing wildlife and enjoy plenty of whitewater fun on this half-day rafting adventure, right near the base of the Arenal Volcano! Perfect for families and first-timers! Challenge yourself as you paddle through fun and safe rolling rapids with names like "Congo Loco" and "Rock around the Croc", plus the challenging “Las Dragas” section. Then play around in tranquil river pools in an isolated rainforest river canyon.
Your professional, experienced bilingual guides will give you a safety talk and paddling instruction, lifejackets and helmets before you begin.
You'll spot wildlife including monkeys, sloths and tropical birds such as ospreys, Oropendolas and toucans. This unique river trip is the perfect combination of adventure and nature. We call this our “Whitewater & Wildlife” tour. Enjoyable for kids and adults alike!
After nearly 30, fun, easy-rolling rapids, you’ll have some delicious fresh fruit and end at our private take-out to change into your dry clothes in our dressing rooms. We then take you to have a delicious, home-cooked, traditional Costa Rican meal, which is guaranteed to please!
- Transport to and from your hotel
- Professional guides who love what they do
- Tropical fruit break
- Delicious home-cooked meal
- Private entrance and exit with changing rooms and bathroom towels
What's Not Included
- Photo CD of your trip from your guide
- You can also rent or buy a GoPro camera!
you can meet at our office in the center of La Fortuna
What to Remember
• Tours run rain or shine. For reasons beyond our control (climate, etc.) we may do a more suitable tour with equal or similar difficulty rating and adventure appeal. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip due to unsafe conditions and will only run a tour according to established company policies. Full refund is given if no tour is run.
• Rafting, canyoneering, and many of our other adventures involve some inherent risk and physical exertion, so you must be in good physical condition without any recent surgery, heart condition, pregnancy, or injury. If you take medication such as allergy pills and need them with you or have other medical concerns, please inform your guide.
• The environment of Costa Rica is unpredictable and is filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles, and other wildlife. In addition, landslides, falling rocks, and sudden flash floods are possible and river levels often vary. We may not be held responsible for any of the above.
• 48-hour cancelation policy