Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge Boat Tour along Rio FrioProduct ID: 25118
From £62 per personBook now
- Sail along the beautiful Río Frío, one of Costa Rica's biologically diverse areas
- Look out for howler monkeys, spider monkeys, and white-faced monkeys
- Spot diverse wildlife, such as caiman, turtles, iguanas, and sloth
- See thousands of migratory and resident birds, such as anhingas, and wood storks
- Enjoy a peaceful day in stunning scenery
Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge is one of the few places in Costa Rica where you can catch a glimpse of the exotic Jabiru Stork, the tallest flying bird found in Central and South America. You will get the opportunity to likely see wood storks, cormorants, and other varieties of birds -- this is a must-do tour for avid birdwatchers! Plus, everyone loves to spot sloths, howler monkeys, and caimans (like mini-crocodiles) that inhabit this lush area.
The Rio Frio river is teeming with life. Also found along the edge of this nature reserve are Spider, Capuchin, and howler monkeys, crocodiles, jaguars, cougars, tayras, ocelots, tapirs, white-tailed deer, Jesus-Christ lizards, black river turtles, and enormous orange iguanas.
The travel time from La Fortuna to the Caño Negro area is about 1.5 hours and you will board the boat with your nature guide at the Los Chiles dock. It is a comfortable ride with a covered top on the boat, but it is important to bring a hat and sunscreen -- of course you will also want to bring your camera and binoculars. You will travel by boat along the edge of the Caño Negro Wildlife refuge on Rio Frio for about 2 hours and return to the same dock. From there, you will enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant.
You then return back in the van to your hotel. This is sure to be an unforgettable trip with memories and great photos to share with everyone!
- Transport to/from selected hotels
- Fun and professional guides who love what they do
- Tropical fruit break and typical meal
- Travel from the San José area on the Adventure Connection (incurs an additional charge)
Pick-up at hotels is available. Please contact the tour operator to discuss which hotels are included. There is an extra fee for some hotels outside of the normal pick-up zone. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 25118