Immerse yourself in the splendor of Arenal Volcano National Park on a combined 4.5-hour walking and boat tour. Cruise the coastline of Arenal Lake by motorboat looking for aquatic birds, and hike the forest, learning about the flora, fauna, and geology.
What to Expect
Spend the day in the scenic wilderness of Costa Rica’s Arenal Volcano National Park on a combined 4.5-hour walking tour and motorboat cruise, and look for the indigenous wildlife, such as aquatic birds on the shores of the lagoon, and collared peccary in the secondary rainforest.
Following the 20-minute transfer to Arenal Lake Dam, board a motorboat to observe the rainforest, islands, aquatic birds, and some of the animals of the area from the water. If the skies are clear, this will be the ideal place to take breathtaking pictures of the volcano. Get a clear understanding of the economic benefits the dam provides for Costa Rica.
After about 45 minutes, you will arrive at the National Park Peninsula, where tropical fruits will be waiting to refresh you. Then, hike for 1 kilometer while your guide points out the native wildlife and explains the lush flora. The return transfer vans will be waiting at the park’s observation point at the end of your walk, where you can enjoy a final breathtaking view of Arenal Volcano. Your guide will explain the geological formation and cycles of activity of the volcano.
As an optional extra, you can add a visit to the hot springs of your choice, including Tabacon Resort, Baldí Termae, or Ecotermales, where you will get 2-3 hours to wallow in the waters.
- Transportation by air-conditioned van and boat
- Bilingual nature guide
- Water and fruit
- National park entrance fee
- Liability insurance
- Lunch or dinner (optional)
- Hot springs entrance of your choice (optional)
What's Not Included
- Any additional food and drink
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please wear hiking shoes, and bring insect repellent, a raincoat, and your camera
• There is no charge for tours cancelled with 24 hours advance notice. Cancellations of less than 24 hours notice pay full cost
• Tours require a minimum of 2 adults to operate