Journey to the outskirts of ancient Kyoto to admire the stunning natural beauty of the Hozu river, surrounded by lush mountains and whispering bamboo groves. Visit dazzling ancient temples and embrace the spiritual and cultural side of Japan.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Starting time 2:00 PM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Marvel at the magnificent panorama of the Kyoto and Sagano valleys from an ancient mountain-top temple
- Get instructed in the art of Zen meditation with a real Buddhist monk
- Participate in a time-honoured green tea ceremony in a Zen temple
- Wander through an ancient, towering bamboo grove
- Local English-speaking guide
- Zen meditation instructions
- Matcha green tea ceremony and a cup of tea
- Additional food and drinks
- Any additional transportation
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
JR Saga-Arashiyama Station, in front of the ticket gates.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- In case of unexpected closure of the temple, the tour will either be rescheduled or canceled. If the cancellation is caused by an unexpected reason, you will receive a full refund.
- Only children between the ages of 6 and 11 are allowed on this tour.
- We can accommodate vegetarian and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- The tour group can include a maximum of 12 people.