Visit a beautiful and amazing chashitsu built exclusively for performing the Japanese tea ceremony, the chanoyu - 茶の湯.
What to Expect
The tea ceremony held at Chashitsu Ju-An is an exceptional experience that has become the highlight for many travelers visiting Kyoto. This quintessential Japanese cultural experience takes place in the only Chashitsu in Kyoto open to the public for tea ceremonies.
Chashitsu Ju-An is an architectural gem in the heart of historic Kyoto. The Ju-An tea room is Zen consecrated for exclusively performing the Japanese tea ceremony and was built for this purpose. It is also the preferred school of choice for experiencing the Japanese tea ceremony as part of a cultural immersion in Kyoto.
- Visitors can attend in normal traveling clothes or in a kimono
- The kimono is not available at the Tea Room Ju-An but can be hired from kimono rental shops in Kyoto
- All the utensils will be made available at the Tea Room Ju-An
Know Before You Go
• Children under 6-years-old are free of charge
• New born babies are welcome