Discover the best of Ephesus with a half-day tour that visits Ephesus Ancient City, Temple of Artemis and House of Virgin Mary. This tour also includes the Terrace Houses famous with its mosaics and frescoes that have been recently excavated and restored.
What to Expect
On a full-day tour of Ephesus, see one of the most amazing and outstanding cities in the Roman Empire. Once upon a time, Ephesus was an important commercial and cultural city and played an important role at the beginning of the Christianity.
After meeting at the port/hotel, drive to the House of Virgin Mary where it is believed Mother Mary spent her last years in this little stone home on Bulbul Mountain. Afterwards go down to visit Ephesus and on the way see the Odeon, Temple of Hadrian, Library of Celsus and the beautiful Greek-Roman monuments and Terrace Houses. Ephesus is also known as one of the Seven Churches of Asia Minor.
Later, visit the Church of St.John, the Apostle, where he was buried at the Church. After talking about St.John, St.Paul and St.Mary, on the way, see and take pictures of the Temple of Artemis.
Depending on time, you can also go to Sirince Village, this is a typical Greek-Ottoman location where you can see the Nomadic art and handicrafts and taste local food and wine. Drive through scenic views of the mountains surrounded by olive, peach and fig trees and have time for shopping before heading back to the port of Kusadasi.
- Transportation by private air-conditioned vehicle with driver
- Private-licensed local tour guide
- Parking fees
What's Not Included
- Entrance Fees
- Personal expenses
- Lunch and drinks
Kusadasi Port, Hotels in Selcuk, Izmir Port, Hotels in Izmir, Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the attractions at Ephesus open at 08:00
• This tour requires a minimum of 2 hours walking. Wear comfortable shoes, a hat, and sun cream, and bring an umbrella (for rain depending on the season)
• Bring your camera, but please note that tripods are not allowed at Ephesus
• There is no obligation to cover your head or shoulders in Ephesus. You may wear shorts and T-shirts in summer. For the House of the Virgin Mary a pashmina will be adequate cover
• Discounts are available for children under 11 years old. Please bring their passports or ID card to show upon entering the museum and attractions. If you do not have ID, they may be charged full adult price