Take a 3.5 hours tour to visit the world’s largest pewter manufacturer – Royal Selangor Pewter factory and Batik Factory for an understanding about the cottage industries. Another integral part of this day trip is a visit to iconic Batu Cave.
What to Expect
Start the trip by driving through the tranquil suburb of Kuala Lumpur to the outskirts along the “Ambassador Row”, pass by Istana Sharif Ali palace, Malay Villages. Gain some unique experience and learn more about local traditional cottage industries by admire the skills of the artisans at the renowned Royal Selangor Pewter Factory – the largest and most modern pewter factory in the world, reputed internationally for its high quality and craftsmanship.
You will be shown the different process, such as casting, filling, polishing, soldering, hammering and engraving during this factory tour. You will also have chance to see how batik is made at Batik Factory, then it’s your shopping time to bring home some unique souvenirs that you can’t find anywhere else. Continue by proceeding to Batu Caves where a flight of 272 steps leads up to a sacred Hindu temple cave that houses the shrine of the Hindu deity Lord Murugah. The nearby museum cave is filled with images of deities and murals depicting scenes from the Hindu scriptures.
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotels in KL city
- Transfer as itinerary
- Admission ticket to Batu Caves
- English-speaking guide
What's Not Included
- Personal expense
Know Before You Go
• Tour itinerary is subject to change or maybe cancelled due to weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances which is beyond the company’s control
• No refund will be made for meals (if any) or any item not utilized either partially or fully
• Losses or expenses incurred due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, war or other causes are the responsibility of the traveler