See millions of fireflies twinkling in the night sky on a 4-hour tour to Kuala Selangor from Kuala Lumpur. Go to Fort Altingsburg on Bukit Melawati, cross the water by boat, and enjoy a delicious seafood dinner at the fishing village of Kampung Kuantan.
What to Expect
See millions of fireflies light up the night sky on a half-day tour of Kuala Selangor, the only place in the region close to Kuala Lumpur where you can watch fireflies twinkling synchronously in the night air. Marvel at a wonder of nature on a boat trip, and enjoy a delicious seafood dinner.
Following a pick-up from your hotel in Kuala Lumpur at 16:00, transfer by private vehicle to Kuala Selangor. Go to Bukit Melawati to see Fort Altingsburg and a lighthouse on a hilltop surrounded by tall trees that are a haven for local birds, silver leaf monkeys and long-tailed macaques.
Next, go to a nearby fishing village for a typical seafood dinner, before making your way to Kampung Kuantan. Here, you will board a boat to be rowed along the river. Now it’s time to see the fireflies in all their dazzling glory, looking like twinkling electric lights on a Christmas tree.
Depart Kuala Selangor at around 20:30, and transfer back to Kuala Lumpur for your hotel drop off.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Seafood dinner
- Boat trip
- English-speaking driver/guide
What's Not Included
- Gratuities and personal expenses
- Additional food and drinks
Cancel up to 1 week in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The tour and itinerary is subject to change without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances. You will be advised of any change as soon as possible or receive a full refund
• A local seafood dinner will be served during the tour. Please advise in advance of any dietary requirements you may have