Spend the day at the Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary, including transfers from Kuala Lumpur and learn more about elephants at Malaysia’s premiere elephant conservation center. Get up-close to these fascinating and lovable pachyderms, including babies.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur to spend the day at Malaysia’s top elephant conservation center, and learn more about the large (and endangered) mammals and efforts to protect them at Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary in Pahang.
Following a pick-up from your hotel in Kuala Lumpur, transfer by private air-conditioned minivan to the Elephant Sanctuary, located along the East Coast Expressway between Kuala Lumpur and Kuantan. Upon arrival, visit the Aboriginal Settlement and learn more about indigenous Malay culture from the locals.
Next, drive through a tropical rainforest to the Elephant Orphanage Sanctuary (also known as Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary). This elephant conservation center rescues Asian elephants from areas where their habitats have been destroyed by urbanization, and brings them to the sanctuary to be placed in an expertly constructed natural environment. They are then nurtured back to health, before being released back into the wild.
Learn about these ambitious rehabilitation efforts, and discover the importance of habitat and environmental preservation. Watch the daily activities of these beautiful creatures, including watching specially trained wildlife experts feed them. If you want to see baby elephants enjoying their daily bath, and optional bathing ticket can be purchased at the sanctuary.
Then, transfer to Deerland Park to see Indonesian deer and enjoy views of the surrounding plantations. Stop for a packed lunch (or lunch at a local restaurant), before the transfer back to Kuala Lumpur.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Full-day tour of an elephant sanctuary
- Basic packed lunch, with drinks and seasonal fruits
- Entrance fee at Deerland Park
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Bathing with baby elephants optional package
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation of your tour will be received at time of booking
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Baby elephant bathing and feeding activity is available in the afternoon and can be purchased at the sanctuary
• Baby elephant bathing is subject to cancellation when the water level of the river is too low
• Please note that when Deerland Park is closed on Fridays, there will be a longer stop at the aboriginal settlement
• Please bring an extra towel and change of clothes