Batu Caves & Firefly Watching in Kuala Selangor
From £67 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceHotel pick-up in Kuala Lumpur only. For hotels outside Kuala Lumpur, such as Putrajaya, Petaling Jaya, or Shah Alam, an additional charge of RM 80 will apply
- Tour the Hindu temples of Malaysia's Batu Caves
- Paddle out onto the Selangor River to see the amazing spectacle of one of the world's largest firefly colonies
- Say hello to the friendly Silver Leaf Monkeys of Melawati
- Visit the world's largest pewter factory in Selangor
- Watch the sun set on the Selangor River as you dine at the famous Seafood Restaurant
Departing from Kuala Lumpur at 14:00, your first destination will be the largest pewter factory in the world at Royal Selangor Pewter. The historic factory specializes in producing tankard or beer mugs, and you will see how tankards were manually made.
Continue to Batu Caves to roam in the prehistoric caves, after a climb of 272 steps. See some of the Hindu temples that have been established here since the early 1900s, such as the temples to Lord Murugan, Siva, and Ganesh.
Next, you will go to Kuala Selangor, one of the most historic and conflicted areas during the early stages of the Malay Sultanate Selangor. It is also famous for its Seafood Restaurant, where you will enjoy dinner.
But before dinner, stop at Bukit Malawati at the highest point in Kuala Selangor, and admire the fort that monitored ships along the Strait of Malacca and Selangor River. The area is home to some cheeky Silver Leaf Monkeys, which are more friendly and tame compared to the monkeys at Batu Caves.
Sit down to a delicious dinner at the Seafood Restaurant and enjoy wonderful sunset views over the Selangor River. Vegetarian and chicken options are available in addition to the seafood specialties.
Finally, drive to Kampung Kuantan Fireflies Park, and climb aboard a manual paddle boat. Quietly float out to see the incredible twinkles of the largest fireflies colony in the world. Marvel at the ability of these amazing lightning bugs to synchronize their light patterns, before your return to Kuala Lumpur at approximately 21:30.
- Air-conditioned transportation
- English-speaking guide/driver
- Set dinner at a seafood restaurant, with choice of fruit juice or soft drink
- Boat rental for fireflies tour
- Mineral water
- Beer or alcohol
- Travel insurance
Hotel drop-off in Kuala Lumpur only. For hotels outside Kuala Lumpur, such as Putrajaya, Petaling Jaya, or Shah Alam, an additional charge of RM 80 will apply (Open in Google Maps)
• Tourists are advised not to pat or touch the Silver Leaf Monkey at Malawati Hills. But if a monkey jumps on your shoulder, just relax
Product ID: 27270