Prepare to be amazed at the devotion and superstition that drove miners to carve figures, monuments, and altarpieces into the walls of an 800-year-old salt mine. Benefit from pickup from designated hotels in Krakow.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Krakow hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. You are required to wait at the reception 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. If you are interested in complementary hotel pick-up, please make sure to contact the local partner no later than 24 hours prior to your tour. If you do not require hotel pick-up, or your hotel cannot be serviced, you must make your own way to the main tour departure point.
Select participants and date
Parking Kiss&Ride (2 Mikołaja Zyblikiewicza street) in front of the "Zabka" store. Look for the person with "excursions.city" signOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wieliczka Salt Mine tour is not recommended for participants with walking disabilities (there are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start) and for participants with claustrophobia
- The guided walk through Wieliczka Salt Mine consists of 20 monumental chambers joined by 1.5 miles (2.5 kilometres) of pathways.
- Visitors entering the Wieliczka Salt Mine descend a 380-step staircase to Level 1 (64 meters below ground level). This walk is not strenuous and can be undertaken in ordinary footwear, however you are asked to consider the walk and 380-step staircase when booking this tour. The return to the surface will be by lift up the Danilowicz Shaft, from Level 3 (135 meters below ground level)
- The temperature in the Wieliczka Salt Mine, though constant is low (14C or 57F). That is why even in summer, warm clothes should be worn