Visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine on this excursion from Krakow and discover a one-of-a-kind underground world that was created hundreds of years ago. Take an unforgettable guided walk along the 3-kilometer-long tourist route 135 meters under the ground.
What to Expect
Book this half-day Wieliczka Salt Mine excursion and a professional, English-speaking driver will pick you up at your Krakow hotel and drive you straight to the site, where a local guide will take you through the historic underground city.
The Wieliczka Salt Mine dates back to medieval times and has a history of around 9 centuries of salt exploitation.
The tourist route through the mine is located 135 meters underground, and is accessible by stairs, or by elevator now on special demand. It is an absolutely unique place to visit and is a must-see during your stay in Krakow.
One of the major benefits of visiting the Salt Mine is the health benefit of its special climate and its micro-element filled air.
- Round-trip transportation from your hotel in Krakow
- Licensed, guided tour
- English-speaking driver
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Flexible program
Know Before You Go
• Bring warm clothing, as the temperature underground ranges between 14 and 16C
• There are 800 steps to climb, and 350 of these are at the beginning, taking you down into the mine. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes
• Smoking and the use of open fire in the mine is strictly forbidden
• No animals are allowed in the mine. The mine does not offer any animal shelters of its own for your pets
• Baggage can be left at the luggage office located close to the tourist information center
• A wide range of comfortable vehicles are at your disposal, depending on the size of your group