Wawel Castle is Krakow's number one tourist attraction and Europe's most spectacular medieval castle. Take in the highlights of this majestic building, including Leonardo Da Vinci's painting, Lady with an Ermine, and choose from other tour options.
What to Expect
Enjoy a 90-minute guided tour of Wawel Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is a vast complex of great halls, churches, state apartments, and courtyards, all with their own stories to tell.
On this tour, your expert guide will bring the Castle complex to life by telling you about its turbulent history. The highlight of the tour will be an opportunity to see Leonardo da Vinci’s painting, Lady with an Ermine. There are only 3 of his oil paintings in the world.
You may choose to combine your Castle tour with a 1-hour audio-guided Vistula River cruise. During the cruise you’ll see St. Salvator's Church, the Monastery of the Norbertan Sisters, and St. Margaret's Church, along with other highlights of Krakow.
Another option is to see the Castle as part of a hop-on hop-off bus tour that will take you to many other highlights of the city.
Finally, you could choose to be picked up at your hotel and be driven to the Castle privately in a comfortable eco-car.
- Expert guide
- Entrance ticket to the Royal Staterooms and the Lady with an Ermine exhibition
Know Before You Go
Please ensure you are on time. Being late may prevent you from joining the tour.
Vistula River cruise option: The cruise starts daily at 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, and 16:00.
Hop-on, hop-off bus tour option: The tour operates every 30 minutes from 10:00-17:00.
1. Wawel Castle – 10:00, 10:30
2. Cracovia (Blonia Meadow) – 10:10, 10:40
3. Kazimierz, Wolnica Square – 10:20, 10:50
4. Kazimierz, Wawrzynca Street – 10:25, 10:55
5. Schindler’s Factory – 10:35, 11:05
6. Galeria Krakowska (shopping mall) – 10:50, 11:20
7. Barbican (Dworzec Glowny bus stop) – 11:00, 11:30
8. Wawel Castle 11:10, 11:40
9. Kosciuszko Mound - 11:20, 11:50
10. Salvator – 11:25, 11:55
Eco-vehicle option: The tour starts at your hotel at 12:30 (please be sure to re-confirm in advance).